Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?  (Read 407392 times)

SteveMat, mdr1970, Buster Ray, Konrad, JMW, Arek, Rocky the Dog, Grizz747, DazF and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline NinjaVince

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '07 ZX6R/'11 SX
  • City / Town: Cape Town
What did you do to your Z1000SX today?
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
Theres a thread like this on the ZX6 forums as well and is still going strong, so this should be a popular thread.

Yesterday I picked up and installed my new handlebar risers from Murphs kits  :celebrate:
Cons:
Stock mirrors become even more useless
Feels like the front end is more unstable during cornering, likes to wiggle.
Pros:
More relaxed position
More comfortable when standing on the pegs
Feels more agile

Recommend? Definitely, just need to adjust the suspension, and should work well with the footpeg lowering kit which I am expecting this week  :celebrate:

Also picked up a new OEM (Z1000) 16T sprocket from the dealers, and my Supersprox back sprocket and RK chain arrived  :047: Will install during my service which is due this weekend.
4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul. So get on your Kawasaki, and let the good times roll!

Offline begbie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Red SX 2015
  • City / Town: LIVINGSTON
Re: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:40 PM »
Not a thing apart from look at her, 4 inches of snow and freezing cold, even my work is closed because of the snow.... :190: recently fitted heated grips monkey tapes power bronze screen and fender extender and never turned a wheel since....Well that is Scotland lol :440:give us some sunshine.  :410:
You can always tell how bad the weather is when you spend more on polish than you do on fuel, ye gods my bike is shiny......

Offline petej

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX - CLG
  • City / Town: Bewdley
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »
Stroked her, checked the fs365, checked coolant and oil after my 1st ride on Sunday. checked the weather report....
I really love to ride my motorcycle. When I want to just get away and be by myself and clear my head, that's what I do.
Kyle Chandler

Mods List: Heel Plates ; Rad Guard; Tail tidy; Powerbronze Airflow.

Offline parablob

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: merthyr tydfil
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
Hi all. I decided to raise my forks 10mm the max with this type of handlebars, The difference is noticable turns better,i had no problem with it any as i only wanted to lower the front due to my short legs  27inch! now its better i can get both feet now (well toes any) on the floor  :001:
sunny side up

Offline Z1000SX Rider

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Asse
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
Hi all. Modifications this winter: MRA dark screen, Evotech tail tidy, Monster Energy stickers (just have to put them on yet, because i received them only yesterday). Planned modification: stronger side stand spring, i ordered one trough e-bay, should come in the next days.
 :411:

Offline NinjaVince

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '07 ZX6R/'11 SX
  • City / Town: Cape Town
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »
Picked up and installed the MotoWerkes footpeg lowering kit. Also got the flatfoot for the side stand but didn't have time to install before work so will do that tomorrow. Will do a small write up on the lowering kit, handlebar risers and flatfoot tomorrow once installed and tested.
4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul. So get on your Kawasaki, and let the good times roll!

Offline burty

• SX God
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by psi1001 [+]
Rode her to work today as usual
got stopped on way home in london for illegal number plate £60.00 fine  :023:
1st time stopped in 2 years with this bike and plate

I was nicked for a single line plate about 5 years ago.   Presumably they were not interested in your exhaust or are they legal?
2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Offline psi1001

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: basildon
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by burty [+]
*Originally Posted by psi1001 [+]
Rode her to work today as usual
got stopped on way home in london for illegal number plate £60.00 fine  :023:
1st time stopped in 2 years with this bike and plate

I was nicked for a single line plate about 5 years ago.   Presumably they were not interested in your exhaust or are they legal?

Exhausts are legal with baffles but they not fitted, plus have green side lights and no tax on display but didnt check any of that.
Plate is two lines but has Kawasaki logo on left side and letters are 15mm smaller than normal
Keep it safe, keep it secure

Online JMW

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX ABS TOUR
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
Fitted a set of evotech levers!
2017 TOURER AS PREVIOUS>>W/O Evotech
2014 Z1000SX ABS TOURER METALIC GRAPHITE GREY, COVERED IN R&G, LACED WITH EVOTECH AND WRAPPED IN DARK PUIG....
2012 SX TOURER

Offline Thezed111

• SX Master
  • City / Town: Brighton
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
Today I continued brazing my tank
The older I get the faster I was

Recent Topics

expletive