Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Capacity ???  (Read 4270 times)

Offline keithzx

• SX Member
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: Fuel Capacity ???
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
don't know about how many litres I can get into the tank, the hard thing for me is filling the tank, is it the garage I have been using but it seems to take forever to fill the tank , keeps cutting out ,even when I pull the nozzle as far back out of the tank as I can without pouring the petrol onto the floor  !!!!!

Offline nrps1

• SX Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 08:55:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by KD [+]
At about 25 miles to go ish .. you get --- on the screen, its pretty accurate till then  :oh_no:

Ha, sounds about right. Wonder who's braved - - - long enough? Maybe 20 miles more!

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
I find mine pretty accurate, last read was 19mi range and still have fuel sloshing in the bottom of the tank.

Offline nrps1

• SX Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 09:07:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
I find mine pretty accurate, last read was 19mi range and still have fuel sloshing in the bottom of the tank.

Sounds good, cheers chaps!

Offline BikerJoe

• SX Pro
  • Bike: '14 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Stockport
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
don't know about how many litres I can get into the tank, the hard thing for me is filling the tank, is it the garage I have been using but it seems to take forever to fill the tank , keeps cutting out ,even when I pull the nozzle as far back out of the tank as I can without pouring the petrol onto the floor  !!!!!

Angle the nozzle in the filler to aim towards the side of the tank - prevents the splashing and cutting off. With the shape of the tank, there's not much depth below the filler so petrol will splash back a lot if it's squirted straight down.

Cheers, Joe

Offline L2RKE

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX Touring
  • City / Town: BURY ST EDMUNDS
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »
I have had mine well into the --- zone and only managed to get 17 litres in. BUT I have also ran dry at only a few miles into the --- zone. So lesson learnt......Don't push your luck......unless you like a walk to the nearest petrol station :430:
Mods so far..Sargent seat.Akrapovic Carbon End cans.Fenda and Hugger extenda's.  Satnav mount. Acc. power socket.

Recent Topics

expletive