Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat Nav App  (Read 1870 times)

Offline burty

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
Sat Nav App
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »
Can anyone recommend an Android Sat Nav App that allows me to plan a route easily and that  the app will respect that route.  I am sick to death of Google Navigate re-arranging my route when I have told it that I want to go down a particular road.  It seems most sat-navs seem to think you want to get somewhere in the most efficient way DOH!

I am pretty sure that the Tom Tom app I had on Symbian Years ago allowed this solution.

I don't mind paying for something but I don't want to pay for something only to find that it's not what I want.  I do not want a separate sat-nav, thankyouverymuch.

2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
Re: Sat Nav App
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »
Burty try sygic I find it excellent.  The only thing is you plot the route using tyre which uses Google maps but once the waypoints are locked into sygic that's where you end up. You get the trial version free for 7 days but they currently have a deal on with European maps (lifetime updates) for 17.99.

Rgds Steve
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline ceesam

• SX Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Maps.me
You plan your route in mymaps.google and export to kml.  Simply open the kml on your phone which will open maps.me and switch between layers using the bookmarks

I've had many discussions with software guys at work on offline maps so i may write up the best solution i found

Offline Manic636

• SX Pro
  • Gadget Loving Bike Riding Idiot - Dont Judge Me
  • Bike: 2014 MEF
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »
Co pilot is pretty good, uses Tom Tom maps, about £35 iirc for Euro version, has twisty roads option as well..

Offline burty

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'll give them a whizz.
2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Offline ceesam

• SX Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
Please let me know your preference as you may have tried some i have not.  Thanks

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
Navmi works for me. Offline maps, so no data and apart from round abouts, where occasionally the vocal doesn't match the actual exit, it's been spot on.    Oh and did I mention, it's FREE!      

2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline burty

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 07:48:30 AM »
So for an update:

I can't fathom which of the Co pilot or Tom Tom products for Android actually have the twisty roads option so have not tried any yet.  I did try Maps.me but really struggled to work out how it is possible to follow a single route with multiple waypoints without having to run it as multiple routes so that got binned.

Currently I am on Sygic's 7 day trial so will try that on the way to Wales.  If I don't get there before midnight you will know whether it was a success.   I like the fact that I can plan a route on the device itself, the interface appears fairly logical so we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:51:47 AM by burty »

Offline On one wheel

• SX God
  • Rev it to the red bit
  • Bike: Speed Triple 94R
  • City / Town: Up North
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 08:21:17 AM »
You lost me at update  :187:  :027:
Owned over 100 bikes and still going!!

Rev it till the red bit, dump the clutch and enjoy.

Speedy 94 - wheeeellieee !!

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by On one wheel [+]
You lost me at update  :187:  :027:

OWW - you only need a sat Nav once the bike leaves the drive way.  Wheeling it out and back in the garage doesn't count.  :007:  Sorry I will behave myself.  :192:
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Recent Topics

expletive