Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat Nav App  (Read 1871 times)

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Sat Nav App
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 09:51:45 AM »
I use Waze, which is pretty good.

Offline madmic

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2016
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:42 AM »
Try mapfactor, you can crate routes in Google maps and dave them as a gpx file and import.

I tried for ages to find a smartphone app that would work like a proper satnav.... no luck, they just don't 'do' it.

In the end got a satnav for a good price off here...

Offline Richi

• SX Junior
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
I no on google maps you can download and save sections of maps and use them offline, you can do a multi stop sort of plan but that's abit of pain and you'll still probably miss the roads you wanted to ride!
Get a map and highlight your route get a waterproof map tank bag it'll never let you down!

Offline kr1s

• SX Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »
It is possible with Copilot to plot multi-waypoint routes using a PC app (Tyre or MyRoute-app are good), then transfer to an android phone. Whether the device is then guaranteed to follow the exact same route then depends on how many waypoints you used, as Copilot, google or any other app just use their own algorithms to join up your waypoints. I use Tyre and Copilot on iPhone for all of my route planning and navigation respectively.

Recent Topics

expletive