Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best/ worst/daftest ever crash  (Read 1152 times)

Offline On one wheel

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • Rev it to the red bit
  • Bike: Speed Triple 94R
  • City / Town: Up North
Best/ worst/daftest ever crash
« on: November 17, 2016, 03:30:46 PM »
As we now have a best spannering thread going lets go for the best/worst/daftest crash you have ever had?

I have had a few bad ones (i have written three bikes off including a Ducati 916  :005:) and will detail mine when i have seen yours (oh missis)  :034:
Owned over 100 bikes and still going!!

Rev it till the red bit, dump the clutch and enjoy.

Speedy 94 - wheeeellieee !!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: Best/ worst/daftest ever crash
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:58:45 PM »
Did a Kawasaki press launch day at Donnington once. Took out a brand spanking new 250 with 5 miles on the clock. Then after 1 lap decided to throw it into the gravel trap at Redgate, thereby destroying it....

Ooops...  :034:

Offline madmic

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »
Got my brand new er6. 2 weeks out of DAS. Negotiated traffic and the 45 mile ride home.

Everything was perfect. 1st service booked a few weeks ago. Took it for a spin before going to the shops. Pulled up on the drive at home. Stopped.

Then was laying in the road. Bike down. :-(

Fairing, mirror, rear brake pedal, belly pan marked. £600 in repairs.

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Back when I was a boy there was a particular roundabout in my area where if you could go round flat out you had the biggest bollocks so just sold my RG125 and got my hands on a Suzuki GT250 so top end was around 110mph screwing the arse off it  and that was only 30mph faster than my RG which went around the roundabout flat out no problems so I proceeded hit top end and went for it only to find a diesel spill right on the apex :005:,  lost the front hit the deck then watched my bike hit the kerb flip up about 10ft into the air, bounce off a lamp post and end up in the farmers field :019: I was so lucky to slide into the fields entrance which had no kerb and was cushioned (I say cushioned still fecking hurts) by 2 hay bales the farmer placed to prevent stolen cars getting onto his field saved my life and was able to hobble away
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »
Best crash has to be at Donington.  Tip into Redgate, knee down hugging the corner, hit a dip in the tarmac and lose the front.  The bike goes spinning off into the gravel.  Despite the speed all I've got are some scuffed leathers and bruised pride.  2 weeks later Rossi does exactly the same thing.  My ego was no longer deflated.

Worst was a 5 month old zx6r.  Flipped it coming out of a corner, nose over tail with me still on top.  The broken bones I've got means they cant put me in the helicopter, so it was a long opium fuelled ambulance journey to hospital..  When my wife saw the state of the bike she broke into tears.  £10k of damage to a £7.5k bike. I lost the use of my right arm/shoulder for a while.  I achieved my target of getting back on a bike within 12 months (by 2 weeks)

Daftest is me doing a C90 endurance race in a field.  Back end spins round after coming out of a rut, spits me off and I land square on my head.  2 weeks concussion. 

Offline Experience-Matters

• SX God
  • Bike: Z1000SX (ebony)
  • City / Town: Vielsalm
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »
My most daft one is ...

Just closing the topbox, which made the SX fell from its foot.
Broken mirror which was just replaced a week before.
2011 Ebony Z1000SX - Ivans ECU + Full Akra + BMC & airbox mod + Valter Moto exh. hangers
Bitubo susp. front + rear, Brembo RCS19 + steel lines, Brembo pads + Rizoma reserv.
Lightech Rearsets, Rizoma sport grips, quicktrottle, short levers, Techspec snakeskin
Puig screen, Sargent seat, Rizoma tail tidy, Evotech Rad.Guard,
SW-Motech City tankbag + Evo tailbag + Aero cases + Eng. guards, Hepco & Becker sportsrack...

Offline L2RKE

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX Touring
  • City / Town: BURY ST EDMUNDS
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 05:07:20 PM »
Not me, but the wife. When trying to get through her test she struggled with the U turn without putting her foot down.  When she finally cracked it she was so chuffed with herself. She then preceeded to a T junction,  came to a halt. ..........and forgot to put her feet down.  Ooooops :164:
Mods so far..Sargent seat.Akrapovic Carbon End cans.Fenda and Hugger extenda's.  Satnav mount. Acc. power socket.

Online Alzie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: '15 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »
A friend of a friend had a 916 when they were first out, and after a few weeks had crashed it. He was telling us about it in the pub one night, describing how he raced off from the lights too quick, flipped it, was dumped off the back, and the bike ended up in the middle of the road junction, balanced completely upside down. When I said that at least it was still a 916 upside down (think about it!) he didn't see the funny side  :002:

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »
Dead tired after buying new puppy, pulled away from the office with the front disc lock still on!        
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX ABS
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
Back in 1975 I had a Kawasaki 250 S1C.

Out on an evening ride going round a right hand bend all of a sudden I was going straight on. Up an approximately two foot high dirt embankment with fence posts in it. I managed a few yards on the top of the embankment avoiding the posts before toppling back down into the road. A few bruises and a broken indicator were all I suffered.

I walked back up the road, sure enough there was a damp patch in the bend, not sure what, but it was enough.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2010 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer

Recent Topics