Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorcycle jeans with armour?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Pasper2

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Bedford
Motorcycle jeans with armour?
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »
Thinking about getting a pair for my work commute in the better weather are they comfortable to sit in all day or will I need to change into something more comfortable!!

Also always felt a bit naked riding in normal jeans as used to wear leathers the whole time and normal jeans on the very odd occasion I guess I would just get used to this.

Offline hydrolyser

• SX Pro
Re: Motorcycle jeans with armour?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »
Mine are OK although the first thing I did was remove the armour, it was too uncomfortable. I still wouldn't want to wear them all day at work though given a choice.

Online mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 01:43:14 PM »
I agree, wouldn't wear them all day at work. They're allot warmer than normal jeans, due to the kevlar; Comfortable, but warm    
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX ABS
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
I'd second the comments here that they are warmer than standard jeans and I'd not want to wear them at work - don't get me wrong they are fine for on the bike all day.

The jean material itself is thicker than regular jeans and the Kevlar layer adds to that - especially if you have fully lined jeans.

I have two pairs, both with knee and hip armour. My Bikers Gear jeans are partially lined and hence not as warm/hot as my Hood ones that are fully lined top to bottom. With the Hood jeans when touring I have to wear long boxers otherwise I found that my inner thighs were getting sore from the Kevlar.

I'd take something to change into.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2010 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 03:16:56 PM »
I pretty much live in jeans in the summer usually Hoods as they offer a bit more protection with full Kevlar linings and armour,  but in the really hot days use some Aldi part lined (knees,  bum and hips again with armour.  Used to wear leathers all the time but have found biking denim much more practical while offering protection though have not seen any comparison tests of leathers versus denim/Kevlar.  Cannot imagine it would be any worse than textile suits though and at least I have a proper leather jacket on when wearing jeans.

Rgds Steve
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline Steve58

• SX Master
  • Never Walk Backwards Of A Flat Roof
  • Bike: Z1000SX&Tiger
  • City / Town: Rochdale/Oldham
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
In addition to Steve's comments I agree, and would add that I like the Hood jeans and the Held jeans
A mate of mine on here seems to wear his Held jeans all the time and he rates them very highly for comfort on and off the bike.

Offline Manic636

• SX Pro
  • Gadget Loving Bike Riding Idiot - Dont Judge Me
  • Bike: 2014 MEF
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »
I wear a pair of the Triumph Kevlar jeans and they are very comfortable, wore them in France in July, armour can be uncomfortable if you have the wrong type but the D30 stuff is pretty good and I do have some of the Hein Gericke hiprotec stuff which is brilliant even if you are walking a lot.. the roadskins are really good and ce rated if you want the peace of mind.. Also looking at the Resurgence jeans next..

Offline Steve58

• SX Master
  • Never Walk Backwards Of A Flat Roof
  • Bike: Z1000SX&Tiger
  • City / Town: Rochdale/Oldham
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »
Don't know much about the road skins what sort of money are they please  :002:

Offline Manic636

• SX Pro
  • Gadget Loving Bike Riding Idiot - Dont Judge Me
  • Bike: 2014 MEF
  • City / Town: Gloucestershire
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 10:45:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Steve58 [+]
Don't know much about the road skins what sort of money are they please  :002:

£120 + dependant on version http://www.roadskin.co.uk/

Offline koyote

• SX Master
  • Bike: 331klx sx1000 :)
  • City / Town: busselton
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »
 Yes mate a bit  uncumfy to be sitting around in - polishing a seat  :192: only just bearable  in the winter . Have you thought  about  geting a couple of sizes bigger you can slip them over  #  &have a extra layer of protection  & slip them of when you get to work the only  bit that  pisss me of is  if you don't  tape the cuffs up  ( thats the bottom ) they can get caught  in  ya foot peg  in particular  those useless  bloody  pegs hanging out the bottom  they  lasted  about 1hour  on my brand new sx  then went in the bin  what the hell are  they for anyway  maybe im just used to  haviing  race leathers & boots  nothing hanging  loose

Recent Topics