Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oxford heated grips - bracket mod  (Read 4520 times)

Offline SteveMat

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Red ABS Tourer
  • City / Town: Blackwood
Re: Oxford heated grips - bracket mod
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
You can just lift the tank.  It's how I did mine.

Offline keithzx

• SX Member
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
how do you find the oxford grips perform, I have had two  new zzr 1400's with the oxfords fit from new, and they were crap!!! the throttle side would heat up well and the other side would get warm, they would also intermittently go off then come back on, so when I ordered my new 2017 sx I questioned the oxford grips the dealer said they were no problem on the sx , they had fit loads, went out to day did 100miles , the right grip was getting quite warm, were as the left bar was no were near as warm, and as the zzr's did they were intermittently going off then coming back on again, I find this frustrating , they just don't seem to want to stay on, what are your thoughts 

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2017, 03:19:35 PM »
I've had them fitted since new and not had a single issue with them. The clutch side does take a little longer to warm up then the throttle (this is standard on all because the throttle side is a little thinner to account for the throttle action size, this makes it  so both bars are the same thickness in total) you will find this on every after market heated grip.

Heat wise yeah they both get hot on the hottest setting, I've had no intermittent issues of any form.
Have you checked the health of the battery where they were intermittent? There's a built in cut off where if the controller detects battery voltage is to low it will shut the grips down as to not drain the battery dead. If your having battery issues or charging issues due to the reg / rec not producing enough power to cater for the demand that's being asked of the battery the grips will turn off.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:23:21 PM by Scotty001 »

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 06:57:55 AM »
Never had an issue with Oxford Grips and this is the 4th bike with them.  The newer type with voltage sensing (it checks  if the engine is running) controller are easer to use as the switch is simple and reacts mutch better to a gloved hand and the fact you can wire them directly to battery makes then very easy to fit.  Would have no qualms about fitting them again when my next bike comes.  Rgds Steve
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Recent Topics