Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akroprovics  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Petercapricornxx

• SX Junior
Re: Akroprovics
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
How do the Kawasaki fitted Akros sound compared to the standard cans (with the baffles in of course)

Online Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »
Not too dis similar to standard cans to be honest, there is a slight change in note but not too much.

Offline Petercapricornxx

• SX Junior
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »
Scotty, thanks for the quick reply. Getting my sx performance next week so looks like the extra amount spent whilst not on better sound might be on weight loss and power gain ?

Online Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »
Power gain is only about 1.5hp based on their own written figures, weight loss yeah tons of it.

Offline Mocho

• SX Junior
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »
Hi all. Geetings from Spain.

I bought my 17 model a month ago, and I ordered the akrapovich cans with the bike. The parts arrived 15 days after the bike, so i rode my bike in both ways, with and without the akras.
In my experience, the sound from the standard cans it's really similar to the sound of the so called performance pack. I was a bit disappointed, so my dealer ask me if i want the remove the baffles.

Sorry, I wasn't present, so I can's say how they did it, but they didn't call to kawa or anything like that. The next day my bike didn't have the baffles, and I can say that it's really worth it. The sound had really improve, not too much louder, but a much more aggressive sound. And my dealer told me that when I want to pass the ITV (your MOT) it will be very easy to refit the baffles.

So in my opinion, go ahead and remove those baffles. If you are not convinced by the sound of your akras, the solution it's in your hand . And it also improves the look of the bike (I love the way the cans look without those bitches).

Online KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2014 Z1000SX MEF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 11:43:42 AM »
Mocho ... Any chance you have close up photos of:
the end of the end cans, and
the inboard sides of the end caps where the rivets holding the baffles were.

Did the mechanics drill into the carbon to get to the rivet?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:45:16 AM by KD »
Regards David.

Offline JMW

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX ABS TOUR
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »
Ummm. Can you not just buy and fit the up to 2016 akros with the removable baffles and fit those so you can remove if you like them louder.
2017 TOURER AS PREVIOUS>>W/O Evotech
2014 Z1000SX ABS TOURER METALIC GRAPHITE GREY, COVERED IN R&G, LACED WITH EVOTECH AND WRAPPED IN DARK PUIG....
2012 SX TOURER

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
 :oh_no: NEVER drill the carbon :112: get a 90 degree drill attachment for the dremel and drill the baffle if you don't want to drill just run the dremel cutting disk between the baffle and outer pipe making sure you cut into the baffle and not the outer pipe the cutting disk is less than a millimetre thick so I don't understand why people find it hard obviously it's not going to be perfect but if you take your time you can do a tidy job
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Offline Mocho

• SX Junior
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
There you go.

Photos of the cans without the baffles:

And a video with the final result (hard to appreciate, but I can assure you that I noticed a big difference with the baffles out):

I hope someone will find this usefull.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:14:42 AM by Mocho »

Offline Ackers

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 SX Orange
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
Looks like the drilled through the carbon to gain access to the rivet for the baffle then drilled it out, I believe this is how the '16 cans are but with a rubber grommet to cover the hole in the carbon?

Pro

Recent Topics

expletive