Active Topics



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hood Jeans  (Read 1006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline plodgeman

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2012SX
  • Country: NW England
Re: Hood Jeans
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
These: https://www.rst-moto.com/rst-technical-aramid-2210-jeans.html

are the most comfortable Kevlar jeans I've owned!  :028:

Sorry, forgot to add, I can't comment on the Hood's, as never owned them!

So why comment?

Why is it with this, (and other forums), we feel the need to say something that has no relevance to the question? This one of the reasons I don't come on here, (good job I hear some of you say).
Someone was slated the other week for asking opinions. FFS why is it certain people feel the need? Are they the font of all knowledge?

For what it's worth, I have had a pair of Hood jeans and they were brilliant. The guys down there will make them to the inside leg measurement you want - just speak to them  :028:

Offline burty

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1933
  • Gender: Male
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
  • Country: UK
Re: Hood Jeans
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
That's a bit unnecessary.  There's no harm in offering alternatives if someone is asking opinions on something. 
2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Offline mdr1970

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3202
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
  • Country: England
Re: Hood Jeans
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by plodgeman [+]
So why comment?

Why is it with this, (and other forums), we feel the need to say something that has no relevance to the question? This one of the reasons I don't come on here, (good job I hear some of you say).
Someone was slated the other week for asking opinions. FFS why is it certain people feel the need? Are they the font of all knowledge?

 :455: I know but WTF  :187: It took you 3 months to comment on my comment, which as you so kindly point out, Has nothing to do with the OP! Practice what you preach, or let sleeping dogs lie, which ever saying you prefer.

I did apologise for not being able to comment on Hood jeans from personal experience, and I'll apologise again now to everyone for being  :455: yet again :037:

p.s. Thanks for your comment burty!


Not personal, but online feedback if it helps...
http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/hood-motorcycle-jeans-feedback/
https://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/tested-hood-k7-motorcycle-jeans-review/
http://www.visordown.com/features/products/tested-kevlar-jeans-review
https://www.morebikes.co.uk/27590/review-k7-jean-hood-jeans/
https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/threads/30724-Hood-Jeans
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:25:00 AM by mdr1970 »
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline plodgeman

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2012SX
  • Country: NW England
Re: Hood Jeans
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by burty [+]
That's a bit unnecessary.  There's no harm in offering alternatives if someone is asking opinions on something.

Maybe so and I'm not interested in getting into an argument about it, however although in this instance it is minor in previous instances it hasn't been. We are all entitled to our own opinions but there are times when perhaps someone else may not want to hear it, (or in the way it is said - the problem with keyboards).
An example would be someone posting an item for sale only to be told the same product, or similar, can be had for so and so - by someone who has no intentions of buying it. Now, I have no doubt this had been done by way of friendly advice - but posting on an open thread is a little unhelpful, a pm might be better.
I have been on the receiving end of it myself when asked by a seller for feedback I posted that the part wasn't a good fit and that it had gouged some paintwork.
The next post was……well that's not very helpful you should have spoken to them directly……why? I was giving feedback.
New members being slated for not using the 'search' function. Maybe it is a little annoying, (to some), however not particularly friendly IMO.

If I have no interest in the subject line I don't read the thread. If I don't have a relevant comment to make I don't make one.

That's my opinion  :028:

*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
:455: I know but WTF  :187: It took you 3 months to comment on my comment, which as you so kindly point out, Has nothing to do with the OP! Practice what you preach, or let sleeping dogs lie, which ever saying you prefer.

I did apologise for not being able to comment on Hood jeans from personal experience, and I'll apologise again now to everyone for being  :455: yet again :037:

p.s. Thanks for your comment burty!


Not personal, but online feedback if it helps...
http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/hood-motorcycle-jeans-feedback/
https://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/tested-hood-k7-motorcycle-jeans-review/
http://www.visordown.com/features/products/tested-kevlar-jeans-review
https://www.morebikes.co.uk/27590/review-k7-jean-hood-jeans/
https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/threads/30724-Hood-Jeans


The thread appeared as current at the bottom of the screen as a comment had been made yesterday. When I look at a thread I go to the beginning so that I understand the relevance of the various answers and comments. I apologise, but I don't check the date.
I have no doubt that your comment was made with the best of intentions and commend you for including the above links in your reply. As I've already said, keyboards are not good at showing emotion or the context of the statement.
Beer and a shit day at work are not good either and for that I apologise - I maintain my original point however.

Offline Wright_stuf

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Hood Jeans
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
 :745:
I hope they have warm sticky roads in Heaven!

 


Recent Topics