Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmet wearing  (Read 674 times)

Offline MajorMap

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2012
  • City / Town: Preston
Helmet wearing
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:28:08 PM »
In light of the terrible events of Monday's bombing in Manchester and the nations threat level being increased to critical my employer has tightened its security procedures, (I work on a large site).  One of the changes is asking motorcyclists to remove their helmet before being allowed to ride through the security gate.

I don't see how seeing my bald bonce helps with the company security but I can't but help feel it is a little discriminating of those of us who use a bike for commuting.  Has any one else had such procedures brought in recently?

I have informed them that asking a motorcyclist to remove their helmet is asking them to break the law as it is law to wear a helmet at all times whilst on a motorcycle.
Z1000sx 64 plate (2012 model) Black Grey

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
Re: Helmet wearing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
Chap - removing your helmet when there is a genuine security alert on is not an issue. Suspect you grow up and get on with doing what is necessary.  It may be a minor inconvenience to you at the time  but the consequences should one of the bad guys get through could be far worse.  If necessary pull to the side put the bike on the stand and remove your helmet - how much does that really cost you........
Enough said

Steve
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:24:18 PM by Rocky the Dog »
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2014 Z1000SX MEF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:31:32 PM »
Rocky said it the polite way.

Stop fishing and stop being a jerk.

Take your helmet off (or buy a helmet that flips the front up).

It'll cost you seconds in your day.
Regards David.

Offline Streak198507

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2011 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Carlisle
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by MajorMap [+]
In light of the terrible events of Monday's bombing in Manchester and the nations threat level being increased to critical my employer has tightened its security procedures, (I work on a large site).  One of the changes is asking motorcyclists to remove their helmet before being allowed to ride through the security gate.

I don't see how seeing my bald bonce helps with the company security but I can't but help feel it is a little discriminating of those of us who use a bike for commuting.  Has any one else had such procedures brought in recently?

I have informed them that asking a motorcyclist to remove their helmet is asking them to break the law as it is law to wear a helmet at all times whilst on a motorcycle.

Thunderchunt

Offline lew600fazer

• SX God
  • If a bike gets to heavy, get a lighter one
  • Bike: Yamaha MT-09 ABS
  • City / Town: La Sauve&Hoylake
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:04:45 PM »
bet the same bloke objects to the Burka?? 22 people were murdered and Major map is challenging a decision to try and keep him and his work mates safe??
FZ6 S1,CBF1000GT,Z1000SX,FZ6 S2,FZ1, MT-09

Offline rcannon

• Ex Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:57:43 PM »
I get it, maybe, if people were often carrying explosives in their helmet.

Is it  a profile thing?  A smiling , white guy would never have a bomb?

I really dont mind giving up some personal privacy, or choice, if ti will make us more safe, but not quite sure how this would help?

If its some sort of facial recognition program they are running, no problem.  I'll remove my helmet, and pants, if needed.

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 01:00:03 AM »
Dude the security guy's are just doing there job and what they are told I would just comply I pretty sure it won't last forever it may be a pain in the arse but really it's for everyones benefit
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Recent Topics