Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Be Careful Out there  (Read 430 times)

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
Be Careful Out there
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:28:24 AM »
Came in this morning over roads covered in Mud and gravel following last nights flash floods and microbursts.  Roads are in a hideous state so go carefully - as I know you all will.  Don't think I have seen them this bad - ever.  Just wonder how long it will take councils/highways authorities to clean up the mess.

Rgds Steve
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
Re: Be Careful Out there
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »
They will not get sorted unless you tell them about it Steve sooner the better, The Highways Agencies and Councils tend to rely on the public to notify them of any problems once notified they have duty to rectify the problem or make road users aware of any hazard (Signage or a cone) within an allotted time scale usually within a week normally depending on the priority of the hazard
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
Re: Be Careful Out there
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by MADMITCH [+]
They will not get sorted unless you tell them about it Steve sooner the better, The Highways Agencies and Councils tend to rely on the public to notify them of any problems once notified they have duty to rectify the problem or make road users aware of any hazard (Signage or a cone) within an allotted time scale usually within a week normally depending on the priority of the hazard

Mitch, The issue is (was) pretty much all the roads in Bucks had large quantities of gravel/mud washed on to them and other than the main roads all were horrendous - not sure how they (Bucks Council) would react if you phoned up and said that every road with the exception of the Ms, the A40 and the A404 are covered in crap.  Anyway - by the end of the week most were almost back to normal.  Moreover to give them their due, at the moment the Pothole repair process is working well as I have not encountered one for a good while so that bit of the roads programme is working - I use these 2 sites and they seem to work.  Hopefully everyone has the same approach.

https://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/report-pothole

Rgds Steve
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:19:14 AM by Rocky the Dog »
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Recent Topics