Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: paddock stands and supports  (Read 674 times)

Offline Rmac

• SX Member
  • Bike: Ninja 1000 ABS
  • City / Town: Seattle
Re: paddock stands and supports
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 06:18:36 AM »
I use a Baxley Sport chock combined with a Pitbull paddock stand. I find it works well. I really like driving into the chock and "clunk" the bike is locked upright.

Offline Yagoobian

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Stafford
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
I have just bought an abba stand and on the first couple of tries, I found it awkward to put on. However then found the if you put the main bit in place first and then hold it in place with your knee/shin/head (depends how tall you are) and then reach over with the small side, it actually isn't that hard to put on, and prevents the risk of scratches etc.  But once on it is so stable to the point that you can sit on the bike whilst on the stand, which I tested, which is not something you can do with a rear paddock stand.  I don't know about anyone else, but when I've used rear paddock stands in the past, they tend to flex a bit which always made me very nervous.

Online keithzx

• SX Member
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »
don't find any problem with the paddock stand , especially with the front wheel chock / stand . goes straight onto the chock , then the paddock stand is a straight fit ,never ever got the knack of the abba stand , just scratched my zzr 1400 frame , but if it works for you that's great .

Recent Topics