Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handling question  (Read 611 times)

Offline ZPETE

• SX Pro
Re: Handling question
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
 :461:Tyres AND suspension set up = different bike, trust us!  :028:

Offline Paul1606

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Wrexham
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Cheers everyone for your input love the bike miss a center stand tho but all in all love the power delivery ,gearbox,riding position every damn thing apart from what seems to be shitty tyres
I'll post an update when sorted as it may help somebody else experiencing this

Offline Boxty

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 1000sx
  • City / Town: cambs
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »
Hi Paul I have experienced the same problems . In my case  its not the tyres as I had fairly new PR4's from  my old bike fitted to my new one . On my previous bike , 2012 SX , I ran with standard suspension settings which seemed fine to me . On my 2107 I initially found the settings to be too firm I have taken a little off the preload on the back and front ,it has improved things a little but there are further adjustments needed also compression and rebound to be played with when I have the time .

Offline Dto80

• SX Junior
  • Bike: 2016 z1000sx
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »
Hi Paul, I agree with the other comments. I test rode my bike with the original tyres and made sure part of the deal was that they fitted michelin pr4 when i bought it. They are loads better. For reference on the suspension, ive took 2 full turns of preload off each fork leg from the standard position and my rear shock is set at 18 clicks in from fully soft. Im about 15stone. Your more than welcome to pop round if you want any help with the suspension or take mine for a ride for reference.
Cheers
Dale

Offline hogi

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »
I'm an ignoramus as regards to suspension settings and things like pre-bound and reload - whatever.

So I had mine looked at by an local TT rider who checked wheel alignment and the above settings, sag etc and has transformed the bike. A really good investment if like me you can't do it yourself

I agree with others about tyres, my Bridgestones were half worn and so were only ever going to get worse. If money's tight you can persevere but at the first chance I'd fit one of the brands mentioned above . I got PR4's fited then had the suspension adjusted. Not sure if that makes any difference but just seems logical to me to adjust your settings after new tyres not before?
Fazer 600, Triumph Sprint 885, Fazer 1000, z1000sx

Recent Topics

expletive