Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z1000 SX Luggage the official Line  (Read 5408 times)

Offline Martin B

• SX Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Z1000 SX Luggage the official Line
« on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
Hi All

Just found this statement from Kawasaki re Luggage and the official line on a three box setup, makes interesting reading :

"We can confirm that a top box and pannier system is available as a genuine accessory from Kawasaki for the Z1000SX. However, due the way the mounting supports are designed for these two accessories, the top box cannot be installed in conjunction with the panniers system.

We are aware after-market companies such as Givi may offer a combined top box and pannier system. As I am sure you can appreciate we have not directly tried or tested the combined top box and pannier system from Givi so are unable to comment on their suitability. However, we are confident that Givi would have carried out sufficient tests to ensure the accessories offered by them are suitable for the machine they were designed specifically for.

As with any machine the manufacturer would recommend a maximum load. For the Z1000SX the maximum recommended load in addition to the vehicle is 195kg, including rider, passenger, baggage, and accessories.

We trust the above information will be of some assistance to you".

Hope this is of interest to you all, so basically total load = Your weight+Passenger Weight+Panniers loaded+Topbox Loaded, must not be greater than 195kgs,

So tell the wife to go on a diet and book that touring trip now
And if anybody tells my wife I said that ...............................................
Cheers

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:47:00 PM by Martin B »
Martin B,
:028: Never ride faster than your Angels can fly
  :028:

Offline lew600fazer

• SX God
  • Own the best 1000 on the market FZ1
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha FZ1
  • City / Town: Benissa&Hoylake
Re: Z1000 SX Luggage the official Line
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »
Cheers Martin , basically Kawasaki are telling us nothing we did not know, A top box is a must while touring as you know. I am really at a loss without it. I have removed my panniers while I am down here but it is a pain in the ass carrying a back pack,( Martin knows what I have got) I love my camera and it is a real pain having to take the back pack of to get the camera out. A top box would make life a lot easier.
Lew
FZ6 S1,CBF1000GT,Z1000SX,FZ6 S2,FZ1(current)think the best bikes I have ever had is the Z1000SX&FZ1

Offline Mort

• SX Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:39 PM »
The Givi setup looks good;

Should be available 'soon' !!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:27:26 PM by Mort »

Offline AndyC_772

• SX Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Martin B [+]

We are aware after-market companies such as Givi may offer a combined top box and pannier system. As I am sure you can appreciate we have not directly tried or tested the combined top box and pannier system from Givi so are unable to comment on their suitability.

PMSL! Never mind the fact that the Kawasaki luggage IS Givi luggage, then  :celebrate:

Sounds like they had the brackets developed in a hurry and cocked up, and now have to do it again to make everything fit together properly.

For what it's worth, a soft tail pack strapped to the pillion seat seems to work well enough and provides quick access to things like waterproofs, phone and drinks. I think I'll stick with that rather than bolt more ironmongery to the back of the machine... the standard brackets are bad enough as they are. Wonder how much the new quick release stuff will be?

Offline Blow

• SX Master
  • Paul
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HondaCrosstourer
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »
Getting the Givi arms & monokey plate tomorrow to fit my V46. Will basically look like the picture but without the panniers. Bykebitz did a great job getting these to me before my dealer or even Givi could tell me they were available  :028: Will be all set for my trip to Le Mans next week now  :celebrate:
"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about."

Offline Mort

• SX Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
Hi Blow, how much are the Givi arms & rack?

- Just seen your reply on other thread - I'll give them a call - thanks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:01:07 PM by Mort »

Offline Crevice

• SX Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Z1000SX Green
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
My 3 box setup with black covers arrived today.

My intention was to have the covers sprayed kwak green to match the bike but looking at the Givi photos above I don't think i'll bother - looks really good.

Post some pics when fitted.

Regards

Crevice

Recent Topics

expletive