Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?  (Read 435552 times)

Offline ZORDO

• SX Member
  • Bike: GREEN SX & ZRX
  • City / Town: BRISBANE
Re: What did you do to your Z1000SX today?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
 I fitted a new Puig screen.
kawasaki the first superbike. Sometimes beaten but never bettered

Offline burty

• SX God
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »

This is the consequence of 5 days commuting.

2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Offline benney

• SX Master
  • the welsh wizard
  • Bike: Kawaskiz1000sx
  • City / Town: penarth
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
 :416: :821: i had a new set of bridgestone 023s fitted :046:
the welsh wizard,you should see the size of my wand !

Offline NinjaVince

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '07 ZX6R/'11 SX
  • City / Town: Cape Town
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
Didn't get to fitting the flatfoot yet, but did book my baby in for her 12,000KM service (Will happen Tuesday  :047:) at the official Kawi dealer. ~$200 for the service and fitment of my new chain and sprockets. Seemed to me like a good price? The guy I usually go to wanted to charge me ~$350 for just the service...  :112:
4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul. So get on your Kawasaki, and let the good times roll!

Offline Experience-Matters

• SX God
  • Bike: Z1000SX (ebony)
  • City / Town: Vielsalm
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
I looked at her, as everyday when I go to the car, and wished for better (snowless) weather.

On the other side, the things I'll do to her in the coming weeks / months ...
Ordered full Bitubo suspension, install somewhere begin April.

Looking into buying the Powerbronze hugger (not sure yet, depends on tire hugger plans).
Looking into the DMV accessories (big foot for the stand, engine covers, their brake fluid arms).
Looking into the Rizoma catalog (Next fluid tanks, & those rear mirrors with indicators).
Waiting for Ivans ECU flash .... not sure it's EU compatible, or it'll be the Fuel Cut Eliminator

In the design / thinking phase for a custom tire hugger (Diavel style, but without license plate support) + chain protection (as this is the only place you would be able to mount it).
2011 Ebony Z1000SX - Ivans ECU + Full Akra + BMC & airbox mod + Valter Moto exh. hangers
Bitubo susp. front + rear, Brembo RCS19 + steel lines, Brembo pads + Rizoma reserv.
Lightech Rearsets, Rizoma sport grips, quicktrottle, short levers, Techspec snakeskin
Puig screen, Sargent seat, Rizoma tail tidy, Evotech Rad.Guard,
SW-Motech City tankbag + Evo tailbag + Aero cases + Eng. guards, Hepco & Becker sportsrack...

Offline SaintZ1000SX

• SX Master
  • Bike: Ex Z1000sx owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »
Weather a bit better round where I live but still too cold for me so just been dabbling in the garage.
Been seeing how well my Givi tank bag and harness fit and also a Givi Roll/seat bag..both will do fine.
Have decided not to get hard panniers on this bike..might get some Givi XS302 soft saddle bags.

Also wanted to check chain tension but found that previous owner had managed to burr the edges of the two clamping bolts on the ends of the swing arms  :230:..new ones ordered..just need something with good leverage to get ruined ones out now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:03:53 PM by SaintZ1000SX »

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • 4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »
Fitted home made/designed tail tidy. Designed so it can be extended rearwards to reduce splatter off rear tyre when roads are wet, or pushed in when dry so it looks better. Also can quickly change to legal plate for MOT.

:411:

• SX God
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
Fitted home made/designed tail tidy. Designed so it can be extended rearwards to reduce splatter off rear tyre when roads are wet, or pushed in when dry so it looks better. Also can quickly change to legal plate for MOT.

Does it work (keep more splatter off the bike) ?
Any pics of the system, I think it's a great idea!
2011 Ebony Z1000SX - Ivans ECU + Full Akra + BMC & airbox mod + Valter Moto exh. hangers
Bitubo susp. front + rear, Brembo RCS19 + steel lines, Brembo pads + Rizoma reserv.
Lightech Rearsets, Rizoma sport grips, quicktrottle, short levers, Techspec snakeskin
SW-Motech City tankbag + Evo tailbag + Aero cases + Eng. guards, Hepco & Becker sportsrack...

Offline Fast Black

• SX God
  • Those were the days
  • Bike: Shiny Black/Grey
  • City / Town: Carlisle
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »
Looks good Mike, hope it works, you will have tp patent it and sell it to the likes of R&G  :062:
Remember to keep it rubber side down & shiny side up.........stay safe.

• SX God
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]

You're making me curious, knowing you have a descent technical background.

What made you come up with a slide out system vs a adjust corner system (like Rizoma for example)
If you slide it out, don't you create an additional gap ?

I realize this should come in handy, for the pannier quick release bikers, as this would give a clean look without the panniers, but still enable the license plate to be moved backwards so the "in between bracket" of the panniers can't interfere.

Recent Topics

expletive