First you will need the following -
1) Actuator like this (or similar but needs a moving arm)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-C5-HEATER-FLAP-ARM-ACTUATOR-MOTOR-BOSCH-0132801140-1168800610-1691A-/221668591030
2) 2 x brackets of strong metal that will not bend in use but you wil need to manipulate them into position with a strong set of pliers - pic of same from Vance - plus bolts and locking bolts to affix this bracket.
3) About 1.2m of auto cable at least 2 core 5 amp
4) 2 x connectors like the smaller/thinner ones in the pic (middle lhs)
5) A car electric window switch (or any switch with 6 pins for reverse polarity)
6) Butt connector joints
7) Heatshrink wrap and cable ties to keep it tidy
8) Liquid tape and self amalgamating tape to insulate motor pins and waterproof the switch.
9) You will also need bullet connectors to connect into the auxilary connections on the left hand side fairing.
TOOLS - over and above your screwdrivers/hex sets for removing the fairings you will find the following handy -
a crimping tool, soldering iron, heat gun and also long cable ties and a self tapping screw.
I used two bits of auto cable with an old bike battery, that still retains a bit of charge, for locating the actuator whilst moving the arm up and down to check travel and path etc. This worked out handy but you could just go direct to bike battery instead.