Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Haslam Track Day  (Read 980 times)

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
Haslam Track Day
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:04:06 PM »
Just got back from a great afternoon spent on a Ron Haslam trackday at Donington. Me and 7 mates booked on the CBR600's . I was lucky enough to get Pete Boast as my instructor on 3 x 1 to 1 sessions. Really pressed on and got some great instruction and tips following him on his fireblade.

If you've never done one then i can thoroughly recommended it  :028:

Online Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
Re: Haslam Track Day
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:22:54 AM »
You lucky chap Boasty is a quick and smooth rider - should have added lots of value.
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline Splash

• SX Master
  • Bike: sx 2017 Black
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Did one a few years ago {18}, great experience, great track, great instructors too, The day was a birthday present and I would recommend to anyone.

mine ended in a mess but that was purely down to me, I had visions of talent way above reality and my ability. High sided into Mcleans, 6 months off work, you live you learn.  :002: that aside,  the track day was superb.
Target fixation, don't look to deeply into it..

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
That must have been some crash you had there Splash - 6 month recovery :005:

Rocky,  boasty was brilliant.  By the end of the final session we managed to get past a couple of guys on the blades (don't think they were impressed   :008:). The thing that I learned the most was just how much faster you can go than you think you can. If I'd have been solo I wouldn't have pushed to that level but by keeping it smooth and flowing you can carry some really high corner speeds. The other top tip was not to turn in too early. It was just such a great day,  I'm still buzzing from it now  :028:

Offline Splash

• SX Master
  • Bike: sx 2017 Black
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
High side at appx 100 {as advised by instructor}, head first into the gravel trap, landed head/left shoulder. dislocated left arm, damaged rota cup, trapped nerves/tendons, and a collapsed acroma clavicular joint {not sure on spelling}. but basically the A frame bone structure from neck to arm front and back. Adrenalin is a wonderful thing but it didn't last the journey home.
Target fixation, don't look to deeply into it..

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: z1000sx
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »
doing your rotator cuff and acromioclavicular joint is nasty.  You're lucky you've still got the use of your arm, I regularly see incidents like that where the person involved ends up with a very weak upper limb and shoulder. 

Recent Topics

expletive