Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best/ worst/daftest ever crash  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
Re: Best/ worst/daftest ever crash
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
Thankfully only 2 note worthy ones for me, both on 125's in my late tens and early 20's
1st
Head on collision with a ford fiesta on a country road, single track, unlit and no markings. I came up to a blind bend (downhill) just so happens there was a ford fiesta on the same road heading the opposite direction (towards me) inevitably we collided, the only reason i didn't go through the wind screen and just bounce off the bonnet was the handlebar of my bike caught on the inside of my right leg, i bent the bars 180deg back on themselves (this reduced my speed dramatically) luckily enough the bar was 1inch from my right ball otherwise "POP" i did have very swollen legs for a while.

2nd
I was knocked of by my doctor who ran give way markings at a junction and clipped my rear wheel. (you can stop laughing now)
thankfully nothing major and slow speed , my doctor just sat in their car (possibly sock) while a little old lady helped me up and helped me pick the bike up. After a few mins and checking i was physically ok my doctor said I'm a doctor if you need to contact me here's my business card (i said i know your a doctor, your my doctor)

It turns out i did need to speak to her later that day so went to the surgery, the first hurdle was the dreaded doctors receptionist, I asked to speak to my doctor and got the stone faced look and reply of Dr xxx is fully booked for the next to weeks, she can see you on xx date. I told her i just needed one or two minutes to speak to them about something important. Again the reply of Dr xx is fully booked for the next 2 weeks is it an important matter that someone else can assist with. I raised my voice a little (just enough for everyone in the reception to hear) and said can you call Dr x and tell her its the man she knocked off their motorbike and ran over this morning, you neglected to give your insurance details when you were in a hurry to get to work as you were running late.   Amazingly that short sentence cleared 2 whole weeks worth of appointments and i was taken straight through to my doctor.

Offline Foxy

• SX Master
  • Bike: Black 2011 SX AB
  • City / Town: Leeds
Re: Best/ worst/daftest ever crash
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:13 PM »
1982 - decided to throw my my lovely FS1E DX down the road outside the local police station whilst grinding the pedals  :008:. Amazing how quickly you can pick a bike back up and ride away pretending nothing happened when you think the boys in blue might have spotted your misdemeanor  :121:

Recent Topics

expletive