Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mot regs  (Read 909 times)

Offline lew600fazer

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • If a bike gets to heavy, get a lighter one
  • Bike: Yamaha MT-09 ABS
  • City / Town: La Sauve&Hoylake
Mot regs
« on: December 24, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
I may be returning to live in the UK in the new year. Question Will I be able to have my bike registered on British plates and will it pass an MOT if the speedometer (Digital readout)is only in KPH. Unlike UK spec bikes which you can change from MPH to KPH at the push of a button EU spec bikes do not have this facility.
FZ6 S1,CBF1000GT,Z1000SX,FZ6 S2,FZ1, MT-09

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
Re: Mot regs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:49:53 AM »
You will have no problems with the speedo on the MOT as long as it's working don't know about the headlight it might have a euro lens which directs light to the right.  UK should point left, this is the only problem I've ever had with a import and a little bit black insulating tape over the lamp so it wasn't dazzling oncoming traffic got them through a MOT
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Offline lew600fazer

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 10:56:08 AM »
Cheers Mitch, re the headlight the MT09 lights are that bad it may fail on that alone. I got caught with that on my UK FZ1 when I put it on Spanish plates but oddly enough my UK Z1000SX it was not a problem. I think that modern bikes these days are flat beam. Certainly the only ones I have had complaints about concerning headlights on the MT09 have been aircraft as main beam is way up there , absolutely fecking usless and not that easy to adjust either.

Offline MADMITCH

• SX God
  • GRIP IT AND RIP IT
  • Bike: 13 Z1000sx
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 05:18:57 AM »
I agree they haven't made it easy to adjust them, can you access the screws with the light still fitted? as the recess for them looks like it's in the wrong place on the pic I was looking at
I'm never perfect but I'm always genuine

Offline lew600fazer

• SX God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
Been a mad day and night here in the McColl house hold, bad heads all round. Will get the new year out of the way and then have a play at it

Recent Topics