Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Akroprovics  (Read 5251 times)

Offline Ackers

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 SX Orange
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Re: Akroprovics
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, don't come on here as frequently since the admins dropped Tapatalk (more about that later  :027: ) .

If you look closely enough you can tell the rivets I used aren't an exact match for the originals, if your that bothered I'm sure you can buy them from Akrapovic for a hugely inflated price! But I just couldn't be arsed  :008:

It is just the rivets and band that holds the end cap on, it's held in this order: the metal band, under that is the body of the exhaust then under that the carbon end caps then finally the metal exit pipe cap, the rivets pass through all 3 clamping the end cap on.

Once you pull the metal end cap out you can access the bolt holding the baffles in, it's tacked in place with a weld to stop it coming loose, this is easy to break just loosening the nut off with a socket/spanner, then you can tap the baffles out.

As for sound I've not actually been out on it yet, going out in the morning, but it sounded better on start up, just nice and fruity, not obnoxiously loud or something I think you'll find "drones" after a while in the seat (like if your motorway travelling).

I would post some pictures up but since the site dropped Tapatalk it's too much of a faff to be honest as I'll have to scale them down or upload them to a hosting site then link to them etc etc blah blah blah, if you send me your email address I can email them to you.

Offline dozzerday

• SX Junior
  • Where eagles dare
  • Bike: 2017 z100sx
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »
Cheers Ackers, exactly what i needed to hear, my email address is dozzerday@gmail.com. Pics would be handy if not to inconvenient

Thanks again mate

Offline TomDre

• SX Junior
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
Hi guys,

I have been following this thread for a while and decided to take the plunge. I don't have any mechanical experience and was able to remove the baffles (surprisingly) without breaking anything! Bike sounds great, the way it should sound with Akrapovic exhausts. Thanks for all your help!

Offline Eni

• SX Junior
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2017, 10:47:30 PM »
Why dont you :
drill rivets
Take off the carbon cap
unscrew the bolt
Take the baffle out
Weld the nut so you can screw the bolt back from inside the baffle ?
Or just rivet the baffle back if needed ? Not enough room ?

Offline Ackers

• SX Member
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2017, 11:31:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eni [+]
Why dont you :
drill rivets
Take off the carbon cap
unscrew the bolt
Take the baffle out
Weld the nut so you can screw the bolt back from inside the baffle ?
Or just rivet the baffle back if needed ? Not enough room ?

If you read back earlier in this thread you'll see how they have made it anti-tamper, leaving only the two options for removing the baffles.

Offline Ga z1000

• SX Junior
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
Did the cover plate come off easy ? I've just bought some not realising the euro 4 thing so I'm going to remove the baffles but wouldn't like to drill the rivets out. I wonder if you could remove the cover plate, screw the bolt in, cut it down a bit then back the whole thing out between the metal and carbon fibre. I haven't seen mine yet so I'm unsure of the space between the fibre and metal !!

Offline Ackers

• SX Member
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2017, 11:20:32 AM »
The short answer is no.

You have two options, drill a hole in the side of the carbon tip directly over where the bolt is, then you can unscrew the bolt and take the baffle out or you can drill out the rivets take the cap off, undo the bolt, take the baffles out and then rivet the tip back on.

Taking the inner sleeve cover off the baffle won't help you the bolt is screwed in from the outside of the exhaust not the inside.

Recent Topics