Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello  (Read 443 times)

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: z1000sx
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Hello
« on: July 04, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
I still pop in from time to time to have a catch up and see what everyone is up to.

The Versys 650 is doing me proud, although the stock tyres you get with the bike are crap, I can't wait to throw them off for some Z8s or M7rr's

I did a tour of France and Belgium on it.  The massive top box was more than enough for the week so I didn't have to clip on the panniers.  Tank range is about 220 miles compared to the 160/170 I was getting with the SX.

As you can imagine, it's a lot more of a relaxed ride than the SX.  This bike is happy sitting at 60-90 mph, which should help me keep my licence.  On the SX I always looking for 7th gear, on the Versys I keep forgetting to go up to 6th.

Handling is strange compared to my old bike, as the Versys is tall and the rear is a mere 160 section, so there are no chicken strips. But it's a hoot to ride and for day to day commuting with the upright position, tall height and punchy little engine making the ride into work bearable. 

Lack of power showed itself up when I was touring.  My mates were on an RC8 and a 1200 Multistrada. Overtaking for them was a crack of the throttle and away they went, whereas I had to plan in advance and take a run up. 

The plan is to own it for two years then take a look at what I can buy next for the day to day riding.

Offline Wright_stuf

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Buckinghamshire
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
 :062: nice to see you back
I hope they have warm sticky roads in Heaven!

Offline dev

• SX Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »
Heh, just went the opposite route: from Versys 650 (my first bike) to Z1000SX.
I'm completely amazed at the effortless handling and the amount of power (manageable at that) compared to Versys (which is an absolutely great bike, no question).
Glad you enjoy it :)

Recent Topics