Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: General consensus on an after market slipon muffler.  (Read 600 times)

Offline LeeJ01

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
General consensus on an after market slipon muffler.
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »
Greetings all,
I've just traded in my 2011 SX for a 2017 bike and I'm looking to swap out the exhaust mufflers. I'm after something louder than the stock mufflers preferably with a deep tone. I also like the idea of over and under dual cans either side as oposed to the single can either side but a nice loud deep tonme is much prefered even if it means going for single can either side. I did speak to Blue Flame but they have zero interest in making a custom job for me. Something about not wanting to put their name to something they don't like. My only stipulation is that they need to be oem pannier friendly as I went for the touring spec. I've seen plenty of Yoshis, Arrow, Leo Vince etc etc but none offer anything that grabs my attention. Most seem to go well, for my taste, on a Z1000 but for me not so much on an Z1000SX. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Robz1000sx

• SX Pro
  • Live to ride- Ride to live, just don't die
  • Bike: 2017 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Salisbury
Re: General consensus on an after market slipon muffler.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »
look up shark exhausts they do a twin system with dual cans either side however I don’t believed they would be pannier compatable
If you didn’t have panniers there would be more choice but given the space it restricts what you’ve said you would like
The urban brawlers are technically twin exit and would clear the panniers but aren’t cans so much as small pipes

Online Konrad

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2015, Green
  • City / Town: SW London
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
Hi Lee,

I'd encourage you to scan trough this thread: https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,2574.0.html
A lot of very tasty cans :)

Offline frankie

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Chehire
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:24 PM »
Hi Lee, I have the Akrapovic Megaphones on mine and the they sound absolutely awesome, very deep, sounds amazing when your riding as the two crossover, runs perfectly, and is fine with panniers, as I tour Europe every year, the panniers don't even get warm, highly recommended  mate

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:10:05 AM »
Have a look at the lextek full system, it's deep and it's loud. And is pannier friendly, Rob on this forum has a full lextek system, I've heard it running and if you want to turn heads you will do that.

Recent Topics