Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: [Request] GIVI panniers + topbox pictures and opinion  (Read 1144 times)

Offline PierreDuMort

• SX Junior
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
Re: [Request] GIVI panniers + topbox pictures and opinion
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »
The top box (V47) is virtually the same one as the OEM one from Kawasaki. Positioning is about 2cm lower than with the Kawasaki mounting system. So I'm not worried about that.

Of course there will be some effect, as with any luggage, on handling. Adapt riding style accordingly is all I can say.

Offline Broseley

• SX Pro
  • 2014 Z100SX ABS Tourer
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2014
  • City / Town: Broseley, Salop
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by PierreDuMort [+]
The top box (V47) is virtually the same one as the OEM one from Kawasaki. Positioning is about 2cm lower than with the Kawasaki mounting system. So I'm not worried about that.

Of course there will be some effect, as with any luggage, on handling. Adapt riding style accordingly is all I can say.

Not quite true, panniers hang lower and around the main mass of the bike not effecting the CofG as much, but hey, as long as it does for you that's all that matters, enjoy.  :028:
2014 Z1000SX ABS TOURER, Michelin PR4's, Puig Light Tint Screen, Sargent Seat, Scottoiler, R&G Heated Grips, Bagster Tank Cover.

Offline dkeso

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by PierreDuMort [+]
I lowered the blinkers today. Just a heads up: some small electrical work is required. As the wires aren't long enough to make it all the way to the battery, you'll have to lenghten them a bit.

Final view from back with lowered blinkers: http://imgur.com/TPxNyBk

I'm also going to install the backrest for the happy pillion :001:

Further down the road I'm probably also going to get the stop light kit, as the stock light is hidden pretty deep when the top case is mounted.

Can I ask you for a new picture?  :034: A picture from the side, like this one or this one, but with panniers and topcase.

Infinite-absolute-ultra-thank you very much!

Recent Topics