Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Any good for the wifey?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline 3twins

• SX Member
Re: Any good for the wifey?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
My wife (slim 5'7") but knocking on a bit now at 52 (if she reads this I'm dead) finds there is too much of a bend in her knees for a jaunt of more than 20 mins. On the Sx and she finds the pillion perch hard.  She'll happily sit for 200+ miles a day touring on my r1150gs.  One up I find the sx easily as comfy as the gs.  If your missus is short the sx might be ok but I'd fit an air hawk for her and a top box with a back rest (I run the gs with a top box when two up).

Offline hogi

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Any good for the wifey?
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 08:07:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by 3twins [+]
My wife (slim 5'7") but knocking on a bit now at 52 (if she reads this I'm dead) finds there is too much of a bend in her knees for a jaunt of more than 20 mins. On the Sx and she finds the pillion perch hard.

I see the problem but forum rules usually ask for a price or if you take a trade-in.

Mines an earlier model (5'4" medium build, average miles) so should fit the pillion ok. Makes a noise when doing the dishes though.

Cash either way.

:028:
Fazer 600, Triumph Sprint 885, Fazer 1000, z1000sx, Speed Triple 1050.

Recent Topics