Active Topics



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: opinions?  (Read 1096 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wolfie B

  • SX Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 CLG ABS
  • City / Town: Eastbourne
  • Country: UK
Re: opinions?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
For me, one of the reasons I bought the ZX was the way it looks. These bars are very Adventure bike looking, and that's not appealing to me. Therefore, I wouldn't go for them.

Having said that, they do look like they'd do the job if the moment arose so it would really come down to whether you could live with the looks.

Pricewise, when the Kawasaki sliders are around £140 (and rarer than hen's teeth) they would seem to be good value.
2002-2010: 1997 Suzuki Bandit 600 | 2010-2017 : 2009 Yamaha Fazer FZ6 S2 | 2017 on : 2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX ABS Tourer in lovely, lovely Candy Lime Green

Offline ZPETE

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 116
  • Gender: Male
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
I cant understand why so many people spend so much for crash protection bungs, bars etc. Surely we are all comprehensively insured and in the event of a spill, I doubt that crash bungs would do enough to prevent a claim anyway? Some of the protectors are nearly as expensive as the parts they are protecting!
And my opinion on the bars in question.....fugly, looks like they came from a GS  :005:

Offline mdr1970

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3303
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »
Most of these are to protect the bike from drops, not crashes!!!!
I've dropped mine 4 times so far, for various reasons, 2 completely out of my control and no damage whatsoever to anything other than the bungs I have, so money WELL spent IMO!
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline On one wheel

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1294
  • Gender: Male
  • Rev it to the red bit
  • Bike: Speed Triple 94R
  • City / Town: Up North
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
Most of these are to protect the bike from drops, not crashes!!!!
I've dropped mine 4 times so far, for various reasons, 2 completely out of my control and no damage whatsoever to anything other than the bungs I have, so money WELL spent IMO!

You need to stay off the sherry dude, 4 times, blimy  :005:

And........ the crash bars look pants IMHO :002: :002:
Owned over 100 bikes and still going!!

Rev it till the red bit, dump the clutch and enjoy.

Speedy 94 - wheeeellieee !!

Offline mdr1970

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3303
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by On one wheel [+]
You need to stay off the sherry dude, 4 times, blimy  :005:

Lol, if only...

1: So tired one day, forgot to take off disc lock leaving work!  :oh_no:
2: Brake on dolly stand failed, rolled, stuck in dip between patio slabs and toppled!  :006:
3: Got rear ended sitting waiting to enter round about by woman on her phone!  :230:
4: Just last week my little Boston Terrier ran under/through the bike while I was wheeling it to the gate. Took out my leg and I tripped over the bike and landed on top of it!  :087:

Any one of those would surely have damaged fairing, mirrors, or more, but am I have is dints and scratches to the bungs  :028:

Wouldn't have any bike without them.  :031:
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline Rocky the Dog

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1699
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
  • Country: UK
Re: opinions?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by mdr1970 [+]
Lol, if only...

1: So tired one day, forgot to take off disc lock leaving work!  :oh_no:
2: Brake on dolly stand failed, rolled, stuck in dip between patio slabs and toppled!  :006:
3: Got rear ended sitting waiting to enter round about by woman on her phone!  :230:
4: Just last week my little Boston Terrier ran under/through the bike while I was wheeling it to the gate. Took out my leg and I tripped over the bike and landed on top of it!  :087:

Any one of those would surely have damaged fairing, mirrors, or more, but am I have is dints and scratches to the bungs  :028:

Wouldn't have any bike without them.  :031:

So when are you auditioning for the remake of the Laurel and Hardy movies !!!!!!! and is it Stan or Ollie
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline mdr1970

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3303
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocky the Dog [+]
So when are you auditioning for the remake of the Laurel and Hardy movies !!!!!!! and is it Stan or Ollie

Cheers Steve  :038:
2014 Z1000SX Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:  :820:

Offline ZPETE

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 116
  • Gender: Male
  • Country: England
Re: opinions?
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 09:11:21 PM »
Fair point MDR, I was thinking of crashes not drops, happens to the best of us  :164:

Offline Ackers

  • SX Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 SX Orange
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
  • Country: UK
Re: opinions?
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 08:11:27 AM »
I don't think it looks too bad. No good if you use an Abba stand or similar as it blocks off the swing arm pivot points and most of the bikes I've dropped in the past is through lifting them up onto a rear paddock stand on my own.

As for the cost of protection against the cost of fairings:
Cowling side £171.42 + vat
Cowling slat £31.04 + vat
Cowling lower £111.37 + vat
Pad 50x280x30 £4.68 + vat
Clutch cover + ancillaries £183.54 + vat
Brake lever £36.92 + vat
Bar end weight + 28.20 + vat

 


Recent Topics