Active Topics



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking of a change?  (Read 1588 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline phillh

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 578
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 SX Tourer
  • City / Town: Chester
  • Country: England
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darseyno1 [+]
i have changed and bought a multistrada 950 and think that it is a great bike. having said that I did like the sx but you know what it is like whenever you get itchy feet. You should take each bike out for a good test ride.

The 950 looks perfect and is on the possible list.  :031:

Offline Darseyno1

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 250
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
  • Country: Northern Ireland
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by phillh [+]
The 950 looks perfect and is on the possible list.  :031:

I was out on it the other day and did 367 miles. She was doing over 60 mpg. one think that I learned for the sx was that the screen had a space at the bottom. I put a space in at the bottom of the screen and it is as good as you would get.
"ye must be born again"

Offline phillh

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 578
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 SX Tourer
  • City / Town: Chester
  • Country: England
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darseyno1 [+]
I was out on it the other day and did 367 miles. She was doing over 60 mpg. one think that I learned for the sx was that the screen had a space at the bottom. I put a space in at the bottom of the screen and it is as good as you would get.

How do the vibes compare to the SX?

Offline Darseyno1

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 250
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
  • Country: Northern Ireland
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
i don't notice the vibes at all except if you are going very slow in a high gear.
"ye must be born again"

Offline madasadad

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 292
  • Gender: Male
  • Z1000SX 2017 WHF
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • Country: Norn Iron
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »
Darsey, glad to hear you getting on well with the the multistrada, did you close off the gap at the bottom of the screen on the sx?  if so, how?

Offline FriendlyEllis

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 184
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Z1000SX ABS Tour
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
  • Country: UK
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by madasadad [+]
Darsey, glad to hear you getting on well with the the multistrada, did you close off the gap at the bottom of the screen on the sx?  if so, how?

Madasadad - The gap actually helps smooth out the flow of air.  Without it you would get a low pressure "bubble" behind the screen which would cause turbulence.  Just so you know. 
March 13 to March 15 - CB600F Hornet
March 15 to NOW - Z1000SX ABS Tourer

Offline Darseyno1

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 250
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
  • Country: Northern Ireland
Re: Thinking of a change?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by FriendlyEllis [+]
Madasadad - The gap actually helps smooth out the flow of air.  Without it you would get a low pressure "bubble" behind the screen which would cause turbulence.  Just so you know.

yea that's what I ment. the gap at the bottom of the screen makes the difference between night and day as it allows air up the back of the screen to re-direct the air coming over the top of the screen so as to have smooth air.
"ye must be born again"

 


Recent Topics


expletive