Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My other bikes  (Read 495 times)

Offline Donny

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
My other bikes
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:30:09 PM »
well I love my 2 strokes and have owned a million of the little screamers, now only have 3 left in my collection, wish id have kept them all , ive a LC hybrid, mick abbey tuned motor and rgv 250 running gear and a bog standard Rd250 air cooled , have its history right back to its sale from Granby Motors, needs a little fettle but its running, also got a marsbar LC 350 bog standard not matching numbers but I don't care , and my 2015 R1  unbelievably mad and fun bike wit more bhp than I can handle but I fooking love it, what you lot got in your garage other than your Z1000sx??

Offline Alzie

• SX Pro
  • Bike: '15 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
Re: My other bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:17:35 PM »
Only have the sx now. In the past I've had Bandits, Street Triple, Zephyr 1100, Gpz1000rx, various old Jap 4's. Only 2 strokes I've had were a Yamaha 125, to pass my test on, and a Benelli 250 2C, bought as a non runner and "restored" (ie got it running again!) as a winter project. Oh, also got a Katana in my garage, but it's not mine, been storing it for a mate for about 5 years now, wonder if he'll ever come back for it  :002:

Offline Winch Rob

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2014 Sx,1999 R6
  • City / Town: Winchester
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
Yamaha R6 1999.Had it 3 years.Had 155 miles on the clock when I bought it.Now up 2700.For a near on 20 year old bike it doesn't half go!Such a different ride to the sx.

Online Alexander Hotbun

• SX Junior
  • Bike: '17 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »
I've sort of accidentally gathered a bit of a collection - half properly mine, half not.

The SX is my daily, and if I'm riding, I'm probably on it.

I also have my previous bike, a 2001 Yam FZS600, which has been sitting and waiting for love since I got the SX - winter project and all that. Nasty cam chain rattle, which is common in these things, but worse than it should be.

My girlfriend's 2008 Street Triple is in there too, but it's been modded so thoroughly that it look like the more modern machine - got the more angular headlights, and a complete SC project side exhaust rather than the twin tail cans.

And my dad's owned-from-new '76 Triumph Trident is tucked away in the back for the rare occasion he has time to ride. I also take it out and about when I'm feeling brave - I'm not used to brakes you have to actually squeeze hard to get any work out of 'em!

Lastly, we have the girlfriend's first bike - a YBR125 - which is just sitting at the moment and really needs to be cleaned up + flogged.

Old vs. new in the attachments!

Recent Topics