Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SX wind protection  (Read 2572 times)

Offline deckitout

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Re: SX wind protection
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »
A wide range of feedback, looks like I will need to try one, I am accustomed to naked bikes but certain bikes mainly the adventure type have a tendency to cause buffeting due to the forward screen position and upright riding position

Offline Bear

• SX Member
  • Bike: Black Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
I'm 6'5" on a 17. The stock screen was good for me except in the highest position, directed the wind up under my chin. I replaced the screen with the Puig one and its been spot on for me.

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »
Bear, have you got a pic of the puig on the bike?

Offline Bear

• SX Member
  • Bike: Black Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
I don't have one that shows the screen well, I'll get one sorted and post it on here. It's about 45mm higher and wider but doesn't look like a barn door.

Offline keithzx

• SX Member
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »
   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Z1000-SX-2017-Touring-Screen-510mm-Tall-made-In-The-Uk-New-3-Colours-/253011218599?hash=item3ae8a4d0a7:g:cgcAAOSwwvZZT8ys

anyone tried one of these screens from slipstream price is ok , but do they work ??you could go on for ever spending money on screens , it sharp builds up paying money out for screens and you don't know if it is going to work till you try it !!!

Offline Darseyno1

• SX Master
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
i had a tiger sport and the wind on it was atrocious, but with a power bronze screen on its lowest setting the kwaker is great.
"ye must be born again"

Offline hairball

• SX Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Z1000-SX-2017-Touring-Screen-510mm-Tall-made-In-The-Uk-New-3-Colours-/253011218599?hash=item3ae8a4d0a7:g:cgcAAOSwwvZZT8ys

anyone tried one of these screens from slipstream price is ok , but do they work ??you could go on for ever spending money on screens , it sharp builds up paying money out for screens and you don't know if it is going to work till you try it !!!
look good

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2014 Black ABS
  • City / Town: Rossendale
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 09:47:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by NoddyNinja [+]
I'm 6' 1" and don't find buffeting a problem, normally ride with screen in lowest position. In wet weather on motorway usually put on highest position to keep some of the rain off (+ lower speed).
IMO lid makes a difference mine is a Shoei NXR

Whoops should have said, I changes original screen to Powerbronze after 1 week, so can't comment on OE screen as was running in when fitted

Offline Dartagnan

• SX Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by deckitout [+]
I haven't manage to get a test ride yet but was wondering what the wind protection is like of the SX. I have had a few bikes (1050 Tigersport which gave me quite a bit of buffeting).

I am 6ft 1 and would like to hear from other owners as to what if any wind noise there is on the SX or if they have needed to use a larger screen

Thanks

Tigers are well known for the buffeting. The sx doesnt particularly have problems with it, im 5ft 10 and have mine set to the highest setting and its fine, I drop it down to the lowest on hot days or when parked cos it looks good. lol. It does sound like you need to adjust it to your height as a couple of inches seem to make a big difference.

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: Black Mk2 Tourer
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
I'm 5, 113/4 and the SX screen works fine on the first 2 setting as it leaves your helmet in clear air.  On the highest setting there is some buffeting but absolutely none on the lower settings.   It will never give the sort of protection that you get from a BMW RT but, at least for me works very well.  I would also add that it also depends on your torso height and how you sit on the bike.  But as you sound the same (ish) height as me - I should think it will be absolutely fine.

Rgds Steve
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Recent Topics