Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Changing headlight from one eye to two  (Read 555 times)

Offline Roo

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Changing headlight from one eye to two
« on: September 14, 2017, 06:10:48 AM »
Hi everyone

Some of you will remember that I got around the one eye problem for my SX, by inserting a resistor between the two headlights and wiring the low beam through the resistor to the high beam headlight, giving me 50% of high beam when the low beam is on.

This works fine but I have to live with the blue high beam warning light on the dash all the time.

It just so happens that I woke up one morning with a what if running around my head.

Local Kawasaki have fitted headlight bulbs with the two filaments, one fir high and one for low beam. But the bayonets used only have connection each.

My what if is what would happen if I can find a dual fitting bayonet with a connection to the high beam and the low beam. That would mean I just need to wire up the low beam supply to both bayonets, and the high beam bayonets to both. Both headlights will then give me dipped/low beam lights as well as high beam. Obviously I would need to adjust where the beams focus to make it work.

My question to the forum experts is would this work?

best wishes to you all

Roo (Daniel)

Offline eggy

• SX Member
  • Bike: Green 2015 SX
  • City / Town: West Sussex
Re: Changing headlight from one eye to two
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:38:27 PM »
Potentially it would work (I think!!)

But......
I'm sure the reflector in the headlight is designed differently so the beam pattern might be a bit off..........

Will be watching this thread to see how you progress :-)

Kev

Offline Dicky-Art

• SX Member
  • Bike: SX LFF 2015 RnB
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »
You'll also be drawing twice the current to each headlight loom so make sure the cables are correct size!

Offline KD

• SX God
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Warminster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »
My mate on a versys 1000 just turned on high beam headlight and adjusted it down.
He also put tape over the high beam indicator.

Obviously he has to sort his adjustments for the mot
Regards David.

Recent Topics